Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Sniffle City


What do these dots have in common? If you've read about the rankings from the Allergy and Asthma Foundation of America, these are the Spring Allergy Capitals of the US. Apparently, this group ranks the "100 most challenging places to live with allergies in the spring and fall seasons." Rankings are based on pollen grains (counted how?), allergy medicine use and numbers of board-certified allergists per patient (letting the free market confirm what we see when we step outside--it's yellow out there!)

I have lived in both of this year's top two cities: Tulsa and Dallas. In neither city did my car look like this:

Pollen!

Pause, while Izzy reminds me that in one city I had a beige Mustang and in the other I bought a blue Hyundai. (End pause.)

The Capitol across the Congaree is ranked 14th this spring, outranked by Charlotte, Atlanta and even Augusta, GA. I think those folks need to come look a bit closer...

Lots of miserable folks out there. Maybe the cold front this weekend will slow down the tree sex and folks can resume breathing.

No comments: