Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fools Day

So the alarm goes off this morning at 6:50 and I cannot seem to get up (worse than usual, if that's possible.) It's just sooo dark outside. I figured it must be overcast. I was worried that Izzy wouldn't awaken, so I reminded him how dark it was when I kissed hm goodbye at 7:45.

I grabbed my cup o'cereal and headed out the door to drive to church. I need to be at the Chapel at 8 AM to practice music and warm-up for the 9 AM Mass. Had to turn the lights on. My goodness it's darker than usual out here! I turned on NPR (Sumter SC station) to help me gauge the time on the drive, and I didn't hear "On the Media." "Living on Earth" is playing. The car clock says 6:47. So does the pager. So does the cell phone.

In my morning confused state, I briefly entertained the thought that Izzy had decided to pull an April Fools' Day joke on me. Pretty clever he was (!)--changing the alarm clock to get me up and out of the house an hour early. I was fairly certain, as I contemplated heading back home, that the correct time was about to be 7 AM and not 8 AM. (It was too early for me to be completely sure.) Finally, I heard a promo for a program "coming up this morning at 7."

Waking me up at 5:50 in the AM? What sort of an April Fools joke is that?

And then I remembered something else that might cause an alarm clock to advance the time ahead (aka "spring forward") on the first Sunday in April. Hmmmmm, I'll have to account for that little "feature" 4 times a year now, until we replace the alarm clock.

Back home, quick power nap, back in the car for Palm Sunday.

No comments: