Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dress-Up

I'm sitting here wearing "paste" diamond earrings, Izzy's great-aunt's double strand of fake pearls, and a black skirt that looks like velvet if you don't get too close. I've tried on Mom's sorta beaded top and her heels.

The reason for all the pseudo finery? Only preparation for the biggest dress-up night of the year...Prom! Izzy and I will be going this Saturday to watch kids assume grown-up roles, don formal wear, and see what they can sneak past the chaperones. It's a great evening of entertainment, and well worth donning Mom's "big girl shoes."

It's worth mentioning that I don't think I've ever borrowed Mom's clothes before -- at least not since high school (when her wardrobe would have been hopelessly old-fahioned for my tastes...ah, the hubris of youth!) I think I've hit some sort of scary maturational milestone...

No comments: