Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Holy Week 2007: Holy Thursday

I re-read last year's summaries of our Liturgies and services, and thought I'd post for this year.

Holy Thursday 2007 (see 2006 post)

Very little different in the music for this Mass, or most of the other services this weekend, for that matter. This is my 3rd (I think) Holy Week singing with the 11 AM choir--so I've about learned how they do each of the songs.

Highlight: as always, the bells.

I had a bit of a headache during Mass, so I don't know if that, familiarity with the music, fatigue or something else interfered, but I didn't experience the overwhelming emotions that I have in previous Holy Thursday liturgies. That's when I am so grateful for the Truth that supersedes emotions, grateful that the power of the Eucharist does not rely on my experience of it.

Paraphrasing a theme from Evangelical Is Not Enough (Thomas Howard), "How was Mass?" is the wrong focus. There WAS Mass and Christ again became truly present to us.

Dinner afterwards with a delightful group of (mostly) younger adults from the Parish.

No comments: