Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Rejoice!

Today was Gaudete Sunday and there have been plenty of reasons to "rejoice lately"*, here in no particular order:

We attended the Communal Penance Service Friday night, which always leaves me feeling lightened and happy. As an added bonus, our very own Padre was there and we were actually able to confess to him (his lines are often too long at these events, but it was a smaller crowd this time.) As a bonus (just for me, I think), I got to hear again during the homily some of what Padre and I discussed Friday. God made sure I would remember the message.

Izzy and I arrived home from a family Bday party yesterday to find a lovely poinsettia on the front porch. Friends from NC sent their son, a USC sophomore in town after exams, over to our casita to convey their thoughts and prayers for my health. How awfully sweet!

I arrived for music practice before Mass today and found that our associate campus minister had scheduled me as the Mass intention this AM. That was also very considerate. I've felt very cared for this week, and only just a little nervous about test results.

My favorite seminarian surprised lots of folks and showed up early for a visit--Izzy and I got to join a group for lunch with him and lots of other neat folks.

I have not stressed about Christmas this year. We're leaving right after we attend Mass Christmas morning for a trip to visit friends, so I'm not doing more than decorating the dining room table. And that's OK.

Other things about which I should rejoice?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* I have in my head the Handel setting of "Rejoice Greatly."

No comments: