Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Good News and Gratitude

I got my cardio results today (there was some confusion about the time for the glucose tolerance test (GTT) today, so that has been rescheduled for January.)

Per the nuclear cardiac imaging report, I have normal cardiac functioning. Specifically:

  • The SPECT images were normal in all tomographic views,
  • Gated left ventricular wall motion was normal
  • Ejection fraction is hyperdynamic.

Impression: Normal SPECT scan with no evidence of myocardial scar or ischemia. Normal left ventricular systolic function.

I also got my labs, which showed normal levels for liver and kidney function tests. There are still a couple of lab tests pending, plus the GTT, then I can settle back with the answers I've wanted since last summer.

As I told a couple of folks at dinner, turns out I don't have two dreaded diseases, just one. One that can be managed. After the past six months, that sort of news actually makes me feel fortunate. I never would have imagined...

I am SOOOO grateful for the prayers of so many people for my health, and for my piece of mind (much more fragile than my health.) Thanks to those of you who've prayed for me and Izzy.

Now to see about those lessons God is teaching me in all of this...

1 comment:

Greg Graham said...

I'm glad to hear the good news! I'm praying that the diabetes will be something you can manage well and won't cause you any problems. God bless you and Izzy as you approach Christmas.