Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Music in My Head

Most of my life has a soundtrack, and most of my soundtrack since 1992 has included the music from choir practice, or Sunday services. When you sing something over and over, esp in rehearsal, it stays with you.

After Izzy read the Zephaniah passage this morning, a song I learned years ago (where??) went through my head. I really like having learned so many "scripture songs" over the years--it has helped with memorization.

The passage:

Shout for joy, O daughter Zion!
Sing joyfully, O Israel!
Be glad and exult with all your heart,
O daughter Jerusalem!
The LORD has removed the judgment against you
he has turned away your enemies;
the King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst,
have no further misfortune to fear.
On that day, it shall be said to Jerusalem:
Fear not, O Zion, be not discouraged!
The LORD, your God, is in your midst,
a mighty savior;
he will rejoice over you with gladness,
and renew you in his love,
he will sing joyfully because of you,
as one sings at festivals.
The song (as I recall it):
The Lord, thy God, in the midst of thee, is mighty, mighty
He will save, will rejoice over thee with joy, with joy
He rest in His love
He will joy over thee with singing
The Lord, thy God, in the midst of thee is mighty, mighty, mi--iiii-ty.
I'm thinking that this is one that our sorta Charismatic Deacon might like.

No comments: