Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Promptings

As lasty Monday evening's YACS meeting, we continued the Evangelical Catholic series on the Trinity, focusing on the person and work of God, the Holy Spirit.

One of the questions asked: Is there any particular event or moment in your life that stands out to you as a particularly special experience of the Holy Spirit?

For us, experiences of the Holy Spirit usually mean promptings to do something. Both Izzy and I have had times when we knew for certain that the Holy Spirit was directly prompting us to do or say something. We gave a couple of examples from our past to the group, but I also found myself wondering when this might have happened more recently.

When we got home, I sat down to check email, while perusing the monthly newsletter of our old church in NC. I was struck, as I read the names of people engaged in various works, with how much of their lives demonstrated the faithfulness, providence and sustenance of God.

I felt I had to send a post to the church's list serve, sharing what I'd seen and remembered as I read about that particular Outpost of the Kingdom of God. From the replies I got, something I said must have spoken strongly to several folks. I doubt I'll ever know exact what "was received" by the NC folks as they read, but I'm so glad I was able to respond to the prompting when I received it.

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

No comments: