Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Thoroughly Modern Millie

We just got home from seeing the final dress rehearsal for this delightful musical - thanks so very much to Dogwood and Mrs. Dell for the opportunity.

Seeing as the price was right... we'd invited my Mom & step-Dad to join us for the evening. We told them dress was business casual, and Mom looked fantastic.

DSC_0926
Honeymooners

Thanks to several of you who mentioned to her that you'd seen her wedding pics - I think she was tickled. Nope, not a blog reader, tho at least one of my siblings is...

For anyone who hasn't seen the wedding pics, surf over to here, and enjoy. A note, several of the shots were taken by nephews borrowing the camera. I can't wait to see the shots taken by a nephew who was using Mom's film camera.

Favorite lines of the evening (as best I remember):

Muzzy (disguised as Rosa, a long in the tooth ingénue orphan): I came here straight from St. Bonaventure's orphanage.
Mrs. Meers: Did you walk?

Millie: Are you making a living?
Jimmy: I'm making a life.

No comments: