Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Down to the River to Pray

Well, I'd planned to go down to the river and take pics of all the exposed rocks. It's my 3rd try inm the past few weeks, and each time I go there, I find that they've released water from the upstream water impediment, and there are fewer rocks to shoot. Dam.

I'd also thought I might spend some time quietly there - pray, think, whatever. I ended up talking with S2 about a family crisis (*) - praying as we talked that good decisions will be made and that damage done can be eventually fixed. I shot a few snaps whilst strolling along the river walk, and climbing up and down the paths.

So, there was little time to compose great shots, but I ended the evening playing "fun with post-processing." Best pics pasted below.

Congaree_20070911_05-edited4
Something or other across the river

Congaree_20070911_03-edited
Trees and Rocks

Congaree_20070911_01-edited3
More rocks in the river


(*) A friend said to me Sunday that my family was "One transvestite away from an appearance on the Springer show." I reminded him that we also had one of those, and not the sort you see in La Cage aux Folles. He then pronounced us completely ready for the show. I'll have to start practicing my chant: Jerry! Jerry!...

No comments: