Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Monday, September 24, 2007

One of those memes

I go this from my brother via email. He writes:

You know, I don't normally send out stuff like this. However, I thought it might be fun.
The meme originator adds in lots of initial caps:
And Send It Back To Me So I Can See Your Answers. The Theory Is That You Will Learn A Lot Of Little Known Facts About Those You Know. ?
So, the meme is that you'll delete my answers and email, write, post your own. It's a bit long, but more thoughtful than some others I've seen.

You could merely think of different answers and keep your adventures to yourself, if you'd prefer. If you opt to create your own list, leave a note or link in the comments.

Here are my replies, written as if I were still at work, where I was when I received it. I doubt any of this will be little known.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
First name after my Dad's half-brother, middle name after my Mom's sister. My middle name also rhymes with the middle names of my mother and her mother.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
August 2007 at Mom's wedding.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
no, heavens no.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Something in the tofurkey family.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
One 11 year old cat.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I hope so -- I really need more friends.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Ya think?

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Nope, been through the physical therapy for herniated discs once - not gonna do that again.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Anything with no sugar added and 20 grams or few or carbs per 3/4 cup serving.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Only my boots.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
When I have to be.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Carb-Smart butter pecan from Breyer's

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Height. They are usually sneaking up on me at my office.

15. RED OR PINK?
Pink.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Physical: Asymmetrical features. Other: not gonna say.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My Dad

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Just leave a comment and tell me if you've decided to be this self-revelatory in your blog, Live Journal or Myspace.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
No pants (!) - grape leaf green crinkle skirt. I was wearing the yellow-ish beige version of these shoes at work when I got this meme. Stocking feet now.

New_Nikon_Test_036

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? At work: 100 calorie Oreo snack.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The hum of my dehumidifier/air purifier, which is the only thing currently moving the hot air in my office.

22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Probably one of the discontinued ones.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Izzy's cooking, especially sauteed garlic & 'shrooms. Our front porch when I step out just as it begins raining. A fresh jar of peanut butter. Cookies baking. (Sense a theme)

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Someone calling about mononucleosis.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Yep.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
DUKE basketball, baby!

27. HAIR COLOR?
Brown & gray.

28. EYE COLOR?
Hazel

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Trifocal glasses.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Thai.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Documentaries. Truth.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Once.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Pink, lighter pink, even lighter pink, orangey pink, yellow-green striped.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Spring. Summer if I'm really restricted to the two choices given.

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Depends - who are you?

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Really: Lemon meringue pie. Practically: See answer to #13.

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Izzy?

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
People who don't read the blog.

39. WHAT BOOK(s) ARE YOU READING NOW?
(1) The Bad Catholic's Guide to Good Living. (2) King, Kaiser, Tsar.

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Guidelines for timeliness and completeness of disease reporting.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
About 75 minutes of the Ken Burns documentary "The War" before falling asleep on the couch for three hours.

42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Harmonies of Gillian Welch & David Rawlings.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles (esp Paul)

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME???
Rome.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Harmonies, esp when there is no sheet music.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Same place my mother was.

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
The person with the most interesting life, I guess, or the most biting sarcasm.

48. IF YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR JOB/CAREER RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Heiress.

49. WHAT'S THE WORST TROUBLE YOU GOT INTO WHEN YOU WERE A TEENAGER?
Has the statute of limitations expired?

50. ARE YOUR PARENTS DIVORCED?
No. Dad is deceased. Mom re-married recently.

51. DO YOU WISH THEY WERE STILL TOGETHER?
Yes!

52. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF?
I'm in a great relationship that functions as a partnership, team, think tank, comedy/pun club, cuddle fest, and sacrament.

FYI: My answers to #s 17, 50 and 51 are identical to my brother's; 7 & 8 are awfully similar.

3 comments:

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

I see Izzy made a Live Journal comment. Email him if you'd like the scoop or link.

St. Izzy said...

No need; I'm adding a link here.

Mattheus Mei said...

Hmm you've inspired me to answer the MEME but it'll have to wait until after work or when I'm on a long break :)