Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Essential Questions

So, an entreaty from Miss Jean Martins escaped my spam filter.

Miss Jean, a recent college graduate living in Cote d'Ivoire, has certainly seen her share of trouble. She lost her mother when she (Jean) was six years of age, and in 2004 her father, a highly reputable business magnet, died while traveling in France - a death Jean is certain was masterminded by her Uncle.

She writes:

The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life.

Actually. Then there is all of the political unrest in Cote d'Ivoire - it's enough to make her seek the assistance of a complete stranger to move "the sum of Five Million, Seven Hundred thousand United State Dollars.(USD$5,700,000.00) [which her father had] deposited in a private Bank here in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire." She'd also like to take up residence in my country - no doubt to oversee the investment of the $$ that her father, very presciently I might add, let her know about just before his untimely, mysterious death. He must have suspected the Uncle's nefarious ways.

So, why bring to the blog this tale of woe? Miss Jean asks me a few questions to prove my trustworthiness. Maybe I should start asking these whenever I meet a complete stranger. I'd been relying on What is your name? Where do you live? Work? Go to church? (the last an essential question for a Southerner.)

So, here are the questions.
  1. Can you honestly help me from your heart?
  2. Can I completely trust you?
  3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the fund has being transfeered (sic) to your account and i come over to meet you ?
Feel free to answer, or to use these on those you love, live with, hang out with, or meet at bus stops. I'll start with Izzy.

4 comments:

Warren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Warren said...

Is fun baiting the 419'ers.

For any reader who has been living in a cave for the
last ten years and doesn't know what 419 means, check out Wikipedia entry Advance Fee Fraud

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/419_scam


Warren

Anonymous said...

1)Yes!
2)Yes!
3)150%!
Sean

Mattheus Mei said...

YOu know St. Liz, after reading that post I too have come to realize that my way of getting to know someone is quite outdated. Like you, I always thought it customary to ask someone's name, where they come from/live, work, etc etc. Who would have thought that we'd become out moded and just be wrong on all accounts. I want to thank you. Now that I know the truly important questions to ask of strangers I will go forth and make new friends. Hey look, there's an especially gnarly looking homeless man on the street with sunken eyes, a look of murderous despondance on his face. I think this is the perfect opportunity to use these new questions. Perhaps I'll give him my ATM card while I'm at it.