Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Language Post #3: Arrrrgh!

And I do mean arrrgh (or arrr - whichever ye prefer, matey)! I was stuck in a "Very Important Policy Meeting" all day and had no opportunity to bond with colleagues over grog on this, the International Talk Like a Pirate Day.



So, since I couldn't interject pirate-speak into the pan flu meeting today, I'll take the opportunity to translate into piratese the quote at the bottom of the blog:

Marie, Barone, speaking as a pirate/wench, might say:

Do nay be lettin' a suitchest full o' moldy mil kie be yerrr big forrr kie and spoon, and a bottle of rum!

I have t' set sail now, and a bottle of rum! I be charrrtin' a courrrse t' grrrog a bit rrrum and Diet Coke beforrre supperrr time, and a bottle of rum!
Apparently, all of the translations end with "and a bottle of rum!" Much in life should end that way, do nay ye agrrree, buckos?

No comments: