Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Roundball

I've seen four basketball games in the past two days, a lot even for me.

I went to a 13 year old nephew's last game Friday night, and then Izzy and I went to see two games this AM -- teams featuring a seven year old nephew and two nine year old nieces. The girls both scored several times, and the younger nephew got some nice chances for assists. The older nephew is definitely built to be a guard -- you're not getting past him! It was fun, and a nice change to spend time with more relatives.

During the girls' game, we looked out of the 2nd floor windows and saw the Black History Month parade going by. It's been a while since I'vve seen any sort of parade live -- it felt very "small town Americana." It was also a way to distract a few fidgetty little kids.

This AM, my step-father mentioned that he'd seen me three days in a row (I did computer work for them Thursday night, and then saw them at games Friday and Saturday.) He said: "I don't know what I did to deserve your company three days in a row." I reminded him that you could totally change that sentence, depending on which word you emphasized. He got the joke. We had a nice time out for dinner with them Friday after the older nephew's game.

After a blood donation and music practice, I came home and watched the boys in dark blue take care of business at Cameron. The final Crazies' cheer: "Drive home safely (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.) I love it!

9 PM Wednesday, after Ash Wednesday Mass, of course, I'll be in front of the hoops machine for the (light blue) Carolina game. It'll likely be a loss, but I'll bleed blue for the Dukies.

For the rest of the world, Go Pats!

No comments: