Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Tough Losses

Izzy & I went to a football game today (not this one) and saw my nephew play in the championship game of the 11 to 13 year old league of the a local rec league.

Nephew (son of B1) has played in this league 2 years, and each year chose to wear a jersey number that his dad wore about in the same league 30 years ago. Is that sweet or what? Shouldn't one avoid using the word "sweet" when talking about football players.

The Patriots, our nephew's team, succumbed to what the announcer referred to as "the mighty Saints defense." 24 to 7, but hey, we got 7. The Saints had some really big kids, but "our" kids never stopped hustling.

Nephew & his Dad (Auntie Liz needs more practice on the little camera.)

And now I see the result of the other game. Bummer.

But now I know the title of the post.

No comments: