Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Marketing

Example 1: Read on the side of a box in the grocery store (a product obviously aimed at allergy sufferers.)

    • No Wheat
    • No Dairy
    • No Eggs
    • No Soy
    • No Peanuts
    • No Tree Nuts
    • No Fish
    • No Shellfish
    • Made without corn, potato, sulfites, casein, sesame.
    • No artificial ingredients.

What's in the box? Snickerdoodles!

Sadly, since one cookie contains nearly all the carbs I'm allowed for an entire meal, I didn't pick up the entirely inoffensive treats.

And I wondered: are fish or shellfish traditionally found in Snickerdoodles?

Example 2: I picked up some test strips (a product obviously made for diabetics) at the drug-store. They swiped my store card to give me my discount on a couple of sundries, and the register tape I got contained a coupon for savings on boxes of candy. Candy? What are you people thinking?

How's about a break on the $50 co-pays instead...? That would be some great marketing. Better than fish-free snickerdoodles

2 comments:

Heather said...

What do snickerdoodles taste like since they are missing the key ingredients to many tasty snacks? And what non-artificial ingredients are they actually made of?

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

Didn't get to taste them--too many carbs. I'm guessing they were made with rice flour, cane sugar, cinnamon, and vegetable (but not corn) shortening.

And beef. (Like the trifle on friends?)