Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Out of the mouths of happy babes

Heard towards the end of the communion song this AM -- a toddler in the back of the chapel started repeating: "too happy" "too happy" "too happy" "too happy" , followed by "I mean it" "I mean it" "I mean it" "I mean it".

I thought to myself as we sang, that I'd love to be in that state: too happy, and emphatic to assure that everyone else knows it.

(Insert your favorite platitude here; I'm reminded of "If you're happy and you know it." You may have some other thought about what it means to be "too happy.")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I should note that, just as the room became quiet, the recitation changed to "potty, Mommy" "potty, Mommy" "potty, Mommy." Because, even if you're too happy and you mean it, life intervenes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...Erin's just gotten to the stage where she'll smile really big for a few minutes before she lets loose an explosive poop. Perhaps it's the same phenomenon.