Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Grass Roots Politics: Consensus

It's the period of time when most Americans are enjoying Summer or checking out back to school sales. Even political semi-junkies like me are skipping/missing the preliminary debates.

I've been watching for signs of grass roots political activity around here, versus giant signs posted by candidates. I've seen a few examples (no pics yet.)

1. There is one (count-it) yard sign in our neighborhood: Ron Paul.

2. In the neighborhood through which I drive on the way to work, there are two yard signs for a "Ron Paul Revolution." "Reverse-stamped" over the e-v-o-l is the word LOVE.


3. Driving home from our shopping spree Saturday, we saw on signs on two streets tacked to light poles every 2-3 blocks: "Google Ron Paul." Today I saw another variant: "Google Ron Paul for a better America."

4. Leaving the coffee shop where we had dinner tonight, we saw a woman in the parking lot wearing the T-shirt version of #2.

So, in this very early primary state, the vox populi score is:
Ron Paul - 4 / Rudy McRomneyson - 0 / Dems also 0.

Usual caveats apply. In the interests of full disclosure, I'll note that the last presidential candidate I was excited to vote for was Jerry Brown.

1 comment:

Warren said...

Jerry has a blog.

I'd vote for someone just for that.

W