Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Glenn Beck

Went with brother (B1) to see Glenn Beck's "Inconvenient Tour" last PM. 1st balcony, dead center. LOL funny -- he had wonderful observations on the DMV, ordering in restaurants, parenting, dating your spouse, etc. I'm sure the phrase "Bonnet Heaven" will soon gain popularity -- ask me about it sometime -- it's a long story...

Almost no politics. He did suggest that government controlled medicine would combine the DMV with kidney dialysis -- big laughs. Even as a state employee, I found his descriptions of his travails as he got a Connecticut drivers license hilarious. Ditto getting suckered into purchases -- such as movie passes "good for one year" but not good on the particular day when you want to see a movie. Brother & I giggled while telling the story at lunch to Mom.

Scene from show about his daughter's 1st date here.

One of the best lines of the evening was from one of the writers just before the show started, to the effect that "you've never partied until you've partied with a recovering alcoholic, Mormon who's on Atkins. We stayed up to 9:45 (!) the other night.

1 comment:

Lori said...

hehe I listen to Glenn- what's up with him going mormon? I want to know what convinced him!