Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Wasting my 15 minutes

I occasionally check the hit counter I installed as a freebie a year or so ago. I tend to get 15-20 hits a day, mostly very brief. More on days when I post something, but nothing like the circulation of other folks I know. I got mentioned recently at Right Reason recently as an HT in a literary meme (wish it were original to me -- thanks Marlowe!) and got several comments.



So, I happened to check Statcounter today and lo and behold, there were 841 hits! Most brief, but some folks poked around for a while.






The source of all those hits? Well, 99 of 100 of them (all that Statcounter analyzes for free) came from people doing exactly what Izzy and I were doing last night. Looking for Shrute bucks. Izzy has found the dialogue I was looking for and I'll be updating the earlier entry.



3 thoughts:
1. I wish I'd written something more profound.
2. I agree with Izzy that it's a shame to waste my 15 minutes of fame this way, but c'est la vie.
3. Lots of people out there wants themselves some Schrute bucks (or Stanley nickles--either will do.)

2 comments:

Sean said...

C and I waited until Friday night to watch it together...so I could not fully appreciate the beauty of your original post. Now I get it. :-)

Fun-ny.

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

The thing about the blogosphere is that you can have recurring bits of 15 minutes of fame (or n00+hits of fame), an unlimited number of times. :)