Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dinner & Dial-up

I'm back at the beach for the annual public health meeting. Overall good so far, tho one event inspired a few "bless her heart" comments.

I had dinner two seats removed from (1) Archbishop Tutu's daughter, Naomi. She was wearing a Tennessee T-shirt, and cleverly held up an SC flag (2) in front of herself whenever pictures were taken.

What was discussed during this rare opportunity? World events? Health disparities? Of course not. The table discussed the pseudo drag beauty pageant that was presented for entertainment. Lots of people find those entertaining -- after seeing videos of my cousin in these shows, I'm less inclined to laugh. Sadly, most pageants aren't like "The Birdcage." (3)

In the fun department, I took a nice long walk on a long pier after dinner. (4) The wind over the water was loud, harsh and invigorating - I loved it! I watched the few remaining folks who were fishing, strolled past families, and smelled the salt air. I could do this more often - now to find a way to finance beach-front property with a long pier. (5)

I'd opine more, but the hotel still has wifi only in the lobby, and dial-up in the rooms. Gotta publish before I lose the connection again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ye Olde Foote Notations:

1. Is that the same as "with"? it's important for story-telling.
2. There were US state and international flags in the centerpieces. She didn't just happen to have an SC flag handy.
3. For the record, Birdcage: fun. Cousin Chyna: not so much.
4. The other sort of pier walk didn't seem so practical this evening.
5. If I stay up much later, I'm sure I'll find an infomercial that will show me how to finance it with no money down and no credit check. And get a bunch of new knives and a Swiffer sweeper/duster/julienne fry maker as a bonus. Too bad I'mmmm get--ting sleeeeeepy .... sooooo sleeeeepy...

2 comments:

Dogwood Dell said...

Based upon the post, it's a late night and early morning for you.

Hope you surviving the following day.

Anonymous said...

How to finance that ocean front property with a long pier: Buy a sailboat, thumb your nose at the mainland and do odd jobs at whatever port you happen to drop anchor in.
~Sean