Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

We're still alive

We're back from the beach, where we had no internet access most of the week, unless we drove up to a sandwich store. Izzy went up several times to upload grades and comments, and I accompanied him twice. Otherwise, I got my news from the TV, had almost no contact with work people, and read quite a bit of a book.

Oh, and watched lots of coverage of the Iowa Caucases, me for fun and Izzy as a tolerant spouse.

Happy & Warm Couple
Originally uploaded by
Dogwood Dell

Here we are just before our champagne New Year's toast on the beach. Thanks to Dogwood for the shot, and to both of the Dell's Gashwin for the bday cake. (I actually had some Thursday when I had a blood sugar serious low -- much tastier than OJ -- yummers!)

We're back, laundry is finishing, and I'm hoping the meds for the head cold allow me to sing in the AM.

2 comments:

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Hey, I bought that cake! :-p And ate it too! :) Glad you got a bite. I am sure it was irritating not to have internet access (my comments for the vacation place will include that they weren't very clear about this in their advertising), but, it sounds like it's not a bad thing to be unplugged for a few days :)

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

Sorry, I'd made an incorrect assumption. Thanks for the sugar, Sugah.