Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Miracle Picture

I found this tonight when I located the blog of a missionary to Fondwa, the mountain village in Haiti where Izzy and I have both had the privilege to minister.



The little girl's name is Wildene. I first met her November 11, 2004. Her mother brought her to the convent, where we had held three days of clinics. We weren't planning to see patients that day -- it was supposed to be a day at the school. God, as usual, had other plans.



We weren't sure she'd survive. The photo doesn't show how malnourished she actually was, unless you recognize that those fat little feet are actually edematous from protein deficiency. She is drinking watered down formula -- the water is from the mountain...I think she was 9-10 months old in the photo.

Missy writes about how Wildene ended up back at the orphanage. I was sorry to see she had to leave her family, but thrilled to see she now has a change to grow up healthy and strong.

Photo taken November 2005: She's now almost two. Still behind in size, but growing and obviously happy. As am I, to have found these pictures.



No comments: