Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Bike-a-rama

So, when I agreed to speak at a nursing conference* in Myrtle Beach last weekend, I had no idea that it would be during "Biketoberfest." All the Harleys were there--and I do mean all of them. They were up early so Izzy could hear them and they stayed up late, I guess for my benefit.

Actually, the bike noise isn't a problem for me. I get more concerned about all of the biker skulls without even the minimal protection of the WWI era brain bucket. Fortunately for trauma hospital staff, the Harley folks spent almost as much time sitting in parking lots watching the noisy parade as they spent riding.

Izzy rode down to the beach on his Goldwing (with a muffler, thank you very much) and rode some with buddies he's getting to know from around the greater Cayce metropolitan area. We'll be riding with some of these folks the weekend after this one around twisty-curvy roads in western NC. I'll put on my peril-sensitive sunglasses for the scariest bits and enjoy the foliage when the road straightens.

Ought to be fun.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* The conference was for perianesthesia nurses (pre-op, OR, recovery, etc.) Since much their work involves dealing with heavily sedated patients, Izzy took great delight in referring to them as Perry Coma nurses. Gotta be the reason I've stuck around so long.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Tell MMe it was great to finally meet him. L:ooking forward to meeting you at the Fall Round-up. The Fall Bike Rally at Myrtle Beach is an interesting event isn't it? Great Blog BTW!
Angela