Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So, we all miss bits of history

From Cheney's interview with Fox News today:
 
On his decision to have the story "break" via Katherine Armstrong:
I thought that made good sense because you can get as accurate a story as possible from somebody who knew and understood hunting and then it would immediately go up to the wires and be posted on the Web site, which is the way it went out and I thought that was the right call," Cheney said.
 
"What do you think now?" Hume asked.
 
"I still do," Cheney responded. "The accuracy was enormously important. I had no press person with me."
 
Cheney said he was concerned that if the story broke Saturday night when information was still coming in, some reports may have been inaccurate since it was a complicated story that most journalists had never dealt with before.
 
"I've been in the business for a long time and never seen a situation quite like this," Cheney said. "We've had experiences where the president has been shot. We've never had a situation where the vice president shot somebody."
Apparently, lots of folks have forgotten Aaron Burr.  (I certainly had.)
 
(Izzy does a great version of an old "Got Milk?" commercial where a PB sandwich kept a Burr trivia buff from winning a radio station contest.)

No comments: