Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Fun with Committees

Just finished up a bookkeeper search for our Parish.  Got to see the managerial, yet still very pastoral, side of the Padre.  Nice.
 
Thus far, I've been part of four church search committees:
  • I chaired the search for a Presby Music Director (hired in early 1997--still there)
  • I chaired the search for a Presby Co-Pastor (hired in June 1998--still there (though a rehire, so his years at the church count since 1985))
  • I participated in the search for a Presby director of children's ministries; no luck with any of our choices;  Committee reformed after I moved--hired someone who lasted a year.
  • I participated in iterations A & B of the parish bookkeeper search committee.  1st guy had to leave after 3 mos for health reasons, 2nd person hasn't yet started.
Overall average is ~5 1/2 years for positions filled; let's not calculate the 0 months and the endless meetings that went into hiring no one. 
 
Glad this process is over for now.
 

2 comments:

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Aren't you on the search committee for the bigger position at the parish as well? That will start soon methinks!

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

Must've slipped my mind----let's blame the Mad Cow Disease.

(Or, perhaps I'm in denial that anyone might ever actually leave our tiny community...)

Lizzie