Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Battle of the evil Empires

It's Google vs. Microsoft. I think Microsoft has the edge for a bit.

I'm in Atlanta and needed to call my Grandmother, whom I'll be going to visit in a little bit. I looked her up on while pages.com (didn't have the number in the cell), and then thought I'd better get driving directions from my hotel.

The map feature on whitepages.com was created by Microsoft Virtual Earth, which looks to be a competitor to Google Earth. Anywho, I noticed that there was a bird's eye option. It gives resolution down to 15 yards. Yep, that's Grandma's house, all right.

So, gotta check out what this map shows for the House of Chez Casa. I'm shocked, and a bit chagrined to report that it is the first mapping program to get our house at exactly the right place. The bird's eye picture is closer than anything I've seen on Google Earth (though I'll be checking them later on.)



We live a few pixels below the pointer thingie, under the clump o'trees. Probably taken last winter, before the southeasternmost fenceline tree died.

Anybody want to identify vehicles in this shot?

1 comment:

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Holy Crud that's scary!