Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Road Trip?



As Gashwin heads up the East Coast to his new home on Wednesday, I might need to head in the other direction. If the forecast holds, I'll drive down to pick up my great-aunt who lives on a barrier island (unless her neighbors pre-empt and bring her up themselves.)

Judging on past experience, when she leaves town early, the storm blows over. When she stays put longer, we get hit (anyone remember Hugo?) Might make my job in emergency preparednesss and disaster surveillance easier to just move her up here for the next 6 weeks before she permanently relocates to California.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update 9-1: So, I linked to a graphic of the storm track, rather than uploading it. Looking again this PM, the above map makes no sense--why would I be headed to the SC Low Country when the storm is hitting Virginia? I'll leave the NOAA pic up--it may eventually show rain in the Poconos from Ernesto.

Here's a better picture of what I had to consider:

No comments: