Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Soldiers: Old and New

Veterans
 
They are running a commercial this week encouraging people to remember & honor our veterans -- especially as Memorial Day approaches.  There are poignant moments, lovely photography, and a great message....
 
So what I keep noticing is the flute theme that runs throughout.  It's from the Marshall Tucker Band's "Can't You See" [can't you see, what that woman, been doin' to me.]
 
Not sure how it fits, but the flute sounds good. 
 
Recruits
 
I talked to Mom this evening and learned that one of my nephews, B2S1, a 19 year old who had been drifting a bit since leaving high school at 16, is enlisting in the Army.  It was his decision and his initiative.  He was raised by my Marine brother, so I think the military influence has been there all along. 
 
Talk about mixed emotions--pride, relief and fear.  Our weekly prayers of the faithful for "the men and women in our armed services, especially those serving in Afghanistan and Iraq" will be echoed more intensely in my heart.

No comments: