Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Monday, December 12, 2005

From Penance to Gaudete

Went to the Communal Reconciliation Service tonight at "the Mother Church of the Midlands." As usual, I sat down in front of Fr. and almost immediately forgot what I wanted to confess. Fr. was patient, and allowed me time to get out what I needed to say.

After he shared some thoughts with me, prayed for me, and gave me my penance, Fr. blessed me and then said "God loves you. Merry Christmas."

What better Christmas gift can there be than to know that God loves me? Who better to hear this than from someone with whom I've just been honest about my sins? What better time than to hear of God's love than when I've been examining my conscience to see where I fall short of His glory? I walked back to my pew to say my prayers, grinning like nobody's business.

"God love me." Merry Christmas, indeed.

1 comment:

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Don't you just love that feeling? Oh gosh, how I agonize before going to Confession? And how light I feel afterwards! Merry Christmas indeed!