Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

India in the News

So, I awoke this AM to NPR news, and amazingly, the first three stories were from India.

  1. The train derailment into the river in Veligonda (not the NPR link)
  2. Early reports about the explosions in New Delhi (link is to a later story)
  3. Talks between India and Pakistan about collaboration in Kashmir for earthquake relief.

I know Gashwin will be thinking especially about home as Diwali approaches. I haven't checked his blog since I got home from clinic, but I'm sure these tragedies weigh heavy on his mind.

"Tragedies happen to other people"...but as the world gets smaller, those other people get closer and closer.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us. Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, pray for us.

No comments: