Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Duet, a capella

Doc was ill this AM--2nd a capella Sunday this Fall. Here’s my note to him on how it went. (Just wanted to have a place to keep this memory, in the event I need to recall it someday...)

Glad to see you've rejoined the living. If you need your sinuses cleared, you could come by our house--I'm cooking my internationally famous, prize-winning vegetarian chili, to be served at the Yactoberfest on Monday.

About this morning, I think it went OK. The acoustics in the room worked well for two treble voices, and Izzy even said that, at one point, A. and I sounded like just one voice. That's hard to do--I'm so glad we were doing stuff we had done before(!) (There was one blip/off-note in the Psalm--I think I went down when I should have gone up or something like that, but otherwise we clicked on just about all cylinders.) We had identical timing, phrasing and (I think) good communication on entrances and starting notes (though having the guitar and another voice would sure have made the sound better!) The congregation sang well--Fr. Pentiss (sub priest) even commented on it--I think they were trying to support the "girls with no accompaniment."

No comments: