Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday night mindlessness

I'm downloading, sorting, labeling and uploading photos -- and have the TV on so I can keep track of time.

I turned to Prime Minister's Questions, which I always enjoy on C-SPAN. So far, so good.

But now, I realize that I've had in the background Bob Barr, the Libertarian Party Candidate. One of my brother's is a big fan -- I don't see the point of 3rd parties at this time.

I started paying attention (and this is why I had to start this blog post) as they started broadcasting a speech by Rosa Clemente, VP nominee of the Green Party (Cynthia McKinney of GA is the pres. nominee.) Clemente is talking about hip-hop and describing how people are always "axing" her why she is running. Green party values match those in hip-hop. Lots of lyrics quoted.

The best bit so far is where she said she was ready to run for VP: "Dick Cheney, bring it on."

Now she's reading more hip-hop lyrics. Dissing "yes we can." Why to not vote for Obama: "We don't vote for him because he's already bought and sold." More interesting than Barr... She was born in 1972. I remember 1972. Gosh I feel old.

I'll post now, and possibly update as I continue the uploads.

Update @ 10:26 PM: the supporter standing directly behind Cynthia McKinney, who is now speaking, finally turned his Power to the People sign right side up.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Funny...I was just looking at 3rd party candidates last night too. Part of me is holding out for the end of the world to come before November so I don't have to decide.