Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Last minute details

Izzy & I are just finishing up packing, re-contemplating what's in the bags, weighing the bags, etc. The cat is quite upset by all of the black bags in the living room - this after several evenings of thunderstorms that have forced her to stay hidden behind the couch.

We'll be traveling without laptops - so won't be posting pics until we get home. We'll stop by Internet cafes from time to time, and I'll do my best to document our trip (at least on paper) as we go along. Expect bunches of posts starting around July 18th or so, as we get over the jet lag.

We're taking this trip as pilgrims, and will be trying to get to Mass at each of the 7 basilicas we plan to visit. There will also be the pilgrimages to all the gelato stands that folks have recommended to Izzy.

From the Catholic blogosphere, it would seem that we might actually be in Rome when the Tridentine Mass moto proprio is released. But then, I'm sure scads of tourists/perigrini over the past year have thought so as well. I'll nab a Vatican paper on the day it's released, if we're still in Rome.

Looking forward to seeing folks when we return.

4 comments:

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

hi! Dan and I (Lori his wife!) are finally finding your blog. Your trip sounds amazing and I hope my kid's are being well behaved in Philly! I just wanted to also remark that St. E of H is also my confirmation name and my childhood church was St. E of H (a mission church) along with St. Benedicts! "we" were one of the pilgrimage churches for the Jubilee year! Maybe the longest comment in history but you and Izzy definately have a place in my DH's walk of faith =)
Pax Tibi!
s2
Lori

Dogwood Dell said...

I'm glad you're not traveling with the laptops. You'll put more time on enjoying the trip instead of documenting it.

There are plenty of internet cafes, so you can catch up with email, and, heaven forbid, blog!

Safe travels!

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

Not sure where the random German (?) comment came from. Funny, though, since the computer I'm using in this Roman Internet café has german prompts.