Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Anniversary

Taking a brief break in the travelogue posts, I wanted to mention that as of today, Izzy and I have been married 24 years.

(Pause for gasps of "It can't be - you're so young!)

There isn't an official 24th anniversary gift, so I'll have to content myself with 2/5th's of the 60th gift (diamonds), or 24 clocks (1st), 12 pieces of china (2nd), 3 pieces of pottery (8th), or some other combination. Or not...

I notice that none of the gift suggestions includes travel. I'd strongly recommend it - you don't have to dust travel when you get home.

Come to think if it, Izzy bought a watch (15th) and we picked up some Moroccan leather (9th) on our trip, so we're good for 24.

And, based on the good gifts that God has given us in each other, and reliant on His grace, given in this Sacrament, we look forward to many, many more years together.

I love you ... ect.

1 comment:

St. Izzy said...

If the silk shawl is especially large AND reversible, does it count twice? Because then it's 12th anniversary x 2 = 24th anniversary.


Thanks for all the laughs and cuddles.


Love,
a very grateful Izzy