Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

And now the template is messed up

1st, Blogger took forever to publish a post (kept showing 0% each time I tried) ... so I ended up posting the same thing thrice.  Good thing it included Happy Bday wishes.
 
Now the template isn't right and the columns disappeared.  I've completed the Bulletin and think I'll head off to bed now...
 
I've been reading Ecclesiastes as my bedtime reading---seems about right for this evening. 
 
From a translation (paraphrase?) to which I was introduced last weekend on a retreat:
Emptiness! Emptiness upon emptiness!
The world is fleeting of form,
Empty of permanence,
Void of surety,
Without certainty.
Like a breath breathed once and gone,
All things rise and fall.
Understand emptiness, and tranquility replaces anxiety.
Understand emptiness, and compassion replaces jealousy.
Understand emptiness, and you will cease to excuse suffering
And begin to alleviate it.
Isn't that lovely?  Puts the template thing into perspective.

2 comments:

Heather said...

When blogger acts all crummy and does that 0% thing, wait for about 5 cycles. Then, right click on the Edit Posts tab. Have it appear in a new window or tab. Check the list and see if your post is on there. If it is, then just close the screen that says 0. If it isn't, click the back button on your browser. Copy your post (just in case) and then save it as a draft. You can publish it a little later and it seems to work just fine!

(I had alot of trouble like this in France.)

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

Good advice. Sadly, I'm sure I'll have occasion to use it sooner rather than later.