Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Monday, July 10, 2006

C/D/A/B: Meds & Back to School Supplies

Back to the drugstore this evening--yay! Toxic meds approved!

On the way out, I varied my route to Door C just a bit and found myself walking down an aisle stocked with Back-to-School supplies. Now, I'm sure this drugstore has a few scissors, crayons, pencils, spiral notebooks, construction paper, pencil holders, maybe even compasses & protractors available year-round. But they don't have burgeoning shelves with vibrant red, green, yellow and orange must-haves, plus neon poster paper and glitter pens.

School supplies always evoke a nostaligic response in me. I could almost imagine heading back into an elementary school classroom in something plaid with a new sweater. Everything will be just perfect in my new class if I have all new supplies and accessories. Something left over from those days makes me love spending time in get-yourself-organized stores.

Heading back into the 90+ heat and mondo humidity and I no longer wanted to wear the plaid wool skirt. Maybe next January.

No comments: