Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mildly Famous

Izzy is fond of quoting Momus' variation on Andy Warhol's comment that in the future everyone would be famous for 15 minutes. The new version states (and the blogosphere proves) that everyone can be famous for 15 people.

I may be hitting my 15 person limit soon, having sort of added two people today. I logged into the myspace account I have to keep up with my siblings and nephews. On one child's page, I saw that he had changed his profile pic to one I took of him last Saturday. He hadn't wanted to pose, but was OK for me to shoot him while he played his drums.

DSC_3546

The further interesting bit was when I saw that one of his buddies, whom I've only met once (last Saturday), had also snagged one of my pics for his profile. I'll admit that when I snapped this one, I remarked that this is why I wanted an SLR.

DSC_3529

Both of these are straight out of the camera (soft focus had been left on accidentally.) The rest of the set shows I'm still on the learning curve, but isn't it a fun process?

No comments: