Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Domestic Goddess

My memory of the term, as used by Roseanne in her stand-up comedy, was "svelte domestic goddess." Either way, I'm owning the appellation today.

Trash & vacuuming? Check.

The 2nd load of laundry is spinning as the first continues to dry. There are clothes hanging up on the wooden drying rack, and more airing out from the home dry cleaning kit.

There are dishes drying in the rack -- including several big bowls and measuring apparati.

There is a meatloaf cooling -- I had to interrupt drafting this post to pull it out of the oven -- about ready to go into the fridge.

There is a blackberry pie cooling on the counter.

Izzy will be coming home this evening. He may find me asleep (hey, these Sunday afternoon naps don't take themselves, you know), but the first thing he'll see upon coming in the back door will be the pie.

Or the cat, disapproving that he's been away. It's a chance I'll have to be willing to take.

Hope other Sunday afternoons are restful.

No comments: