Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blogger Help?

Updated, see below....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Google
Google
Google

I know that Google, which owns Blogger, monitors use of their name. I'm trying to get a bit of help with a Blogger access problem--thought I'd catch their attention. (Click on the linked page, scroll down to or Find "things we do well"--they've linked to me before. Scary!)

Google
Google
Google

For the past week, whenever I go to the blogger.com/start page in IE Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.061219-0316 (what it shows in the IE Help window), I click New Blogger.

I type in my ID slash email address (Note to Google folks out there--I MISS my old user name. I HATE using an email address for an ID. Why couldn't we migrate from Blogger with our user names?) and my password. I click Sign-In and I get returned to the exact same page where I started. If I click New Blogger again, I get directed to use the old Blogger log-in and told I have to use the new Blogger. I would if I could.

So, using the not nearly as familiar FireFox, I can access Blogger. However, unlike my Mac guy, I am not that crazy about FireFox. (Heresy?) FireFox won't do what I need with web-based emails, like batch handling, and it's not as good with the web editing I need to do.

Everything worked well until last week.

Anyone out there have a similar experience?

Anyone help from the folks who took over Blogger--who would they be?? Ah, yes,

Google
Google
Google.

Update: If you're wondering why I didn't just use the Blogger Help feature, I'll spare you the tale of woe and intrigue that was my many attempts to get into their help or discussion pages last night.

Found an answer this evening, actually a couple: One involved right-clicking "Click here to continue" which shows up on about the 3rd or 4th "Nope, you're not on your page yet" page (about the time you are ready to do damage to something/someone.) The 2nd involved changing a click in the security setting under "navigate sub-frames across different domains."

Looks like it's working now. yay (low energy cheer for a Friday evening.)

No comments: