Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Different Approaches to Pollsters

Last Saturday afternoon, the phone rang and I saw it was a New York area code. Feeling charitable, I answered and found myself talking to a volunteer for the Giuliani campaign who had asked for me by name.

Could he ask me a few questions?
--Sure.

Who are you most in favor of at this point among the Republican candidates for president?
--Mike Huckabee.
(Izzy's head swivels -- so, you like that guy, hmmm? )

Who are you least likely to vote for among Republican candidates for President?
--Giuliani. I'm strongly against his positions on abortion.
There was another question where I said that "social issues" were most likely to sway my votes, vs. "security" (a term that I think is designed to make voters more likely to think of Rudy & 9-11.)

So, less than five minutes later, the phone rings. It's the same area code. Izzy answers, since he knows they'll be asking for him.
Could he ask Izzy a few questions?
--Wait, whose campaign are you with?

Rudy Giuliani.
--Not a chance in hell!

So, that's two no votes for Rudy. I don't think Izzy's answer will be reflected on any USA Today pie charts.

In case you're curious, neiher of us is a registered Republican.

No comments: