Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

50CC, Day 3

Isidore left a voice mail for me last night at 1:33 AM (called the office so he wouldn't put me into a panic trying to answer the home phone so late.)

He was in Big Spring, TX, which means he had traveled 1322 miles (per the AAA on-line TripTik) between 4 AM and ~1 AM.
Speed calculates to 62 mph, right at what AAA says to estimate.

Pretty amazing.

This leaves around 1071 miles to I-5, taking ~17 hours at a steady riding pace. If he left at 8 AM local time (late for him...), he should arrive around 11 PM PDT (2 AM here.) That leaves 4 hours cushion in which a nap might be taken. I doubt he'll do so--probalby concerned about getting into town in time to find a police officer to witness his presence in the jurisdiction.

Total trip length will be at least 5300 miles...not bad for a couple of weeks. Longest trip yet is Dallas to Bellingham to Victoria to Bellingham to Dallas--3 weeks, 6000 miles (also traveling for a speial event--wedding--in the same brother's life.)

So, the cat and I wait to hear from him. She's upset about having been cooped up all day even though she wouldn't have ventured out during the thunderstorm, anyway.

I picked up a few movies. The list may say something about me (I picked ones that said "Free with Membership") or about how many theatrical releases I miss.

Looking forward to the missed movie festival.

No comments: