Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Emailing Mom...

...is kinda like making a blog or diary entry. Double purpose.

Mom,

Thanks for the nice note.

It's quite nice down here at the beach (for a work conference.) The weather couldn't be nicer.

I'm in my room, checking email during the break between the last session of the day and the awards banquet this evening. There's music coming a gathering of New York City firefighters in the pool/courtyard area. I think we'd be pretty safe in the event of a fire breaking out--lots of guys here with experience in evacuating burning buildings.

I'm copying this reply to [Izzy], so that he can see your wishes for a great weekend in Virginia.

Say "Howdy" to anyone you see this weekend, especially if any Memorial Day cookouts happen. I don't know if you heard, but I stopped off at Bro 2 & S-i-L's (B2W2) with ice cream bars and pecan pie on Monday. (I had to travel to Anderson unpexpectedly, and their house wasn't too far off of the route home.) Niece B2D5 was very excited to tell me something, and kept calling me Grandma B... I told her that this was a great name to be called....

See you next week.

Mom had written:

I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you before you left for your conference. I hope you enjoy the week, and that you and [Izzy] have an incredible weekend in Virginia! Thanks for keeping in touch with your Momma, and for all your sweet thoughtfulness. I love you and will see you when you get back next week. Have a great week! Mom

No comments: