Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Catholics in Jesus Land

Received a couple of interesting faith-related links today.

The first ** was for a site that is a great parody of traditio sites (but more so a great parody of the ALL CAPS!!!!! writing style.) While my conservative background makes me appreciate the traditio arguments...we couldn't see converting to Catholicism just to become schismatics. However, the SSPI might be just the group... 8-)

The second site (http://www.getreligion.org/?p=798) is a blog that had a link to an online political opinion test developed by the Pew Research Center for People and the Press. The online test forces answers to political, social and economic questions. Based on my answers, I scored as an Upbeat. My "peeps" are most likely wealthy well-educated, white, young infrequent church attenders. "We" are independents who feel positively about the government (maybe work for it...?), feel OK about business and immigrants, get our news from the Internet, etc.

Wonder what I'd be like (or my type group) would be if I could actually give the complex answers the questions deserved?

Traditio answers seem too easy; Pew's answers seem too skimpy.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** SSPI was here: http://www.netaxs.com/~salvucci/SSPI/SSPIindex.html, but that site seems to have disappeared. Try http://thrownback.blogspot.com/2005_05_15_thrownback_archive.html and scroll down to "For the Real Traditionalists."

No comments: