Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Guadelupe


Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadelupe, Patroness of the Americas. Hers is a story I love, since it shows God's special care and love for the peoples of the Americas. Mary appeared to San Juan Diego in the form of an Aztec princess, brown skinned and carrying flowers that appeared as an answer to prayer. She didn't look like the European invaders who would later act in a very non-Christian manner towards the indigenous peoples here. I like having two Marian feasts in the 2nd week of Advent.

We should go eat Mexican food tonight to celebrate. What we will do for sure is make vegetarian chili for game day tomorrow. It is my need to look up the recipe that gets me back to the blog after a long, intense, academically challenging semester.

No comments: