Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Rabbit, Rabbit

There -- I've collected your luck for the month.

Just completed the taxes (yay!), and tomorrow will resume writing about lice whilst also mounting the fake campaign for my health politics class. We have to run a simulated campaign and I'm the lucky candidate running for a random house seat.

Sample slogan: Lizzie O'Cayce: Right for District 4. (We're group #4 and I've reasonably conservative, so you get the idea.) 50% of the project grade is the budget and fundraising parts of the Wiki. Not the issues or the comprehension of health and political topics -- nope, the money stuff is most of the grade. To quote the txtng nephews: wat up widdat?

In other news from my non-work, non-school life, another more family bday gathering let me get a few neat shots.

DSC_3163

Izzy with our youngest great-niece, Mackenzi. He calls this one "Mac and Cheese."

DSC_3166

Uncle Izzy flying the baby through the air. She's finally smiling.

DSC_3167

Universal sign of needing a nap.

DSC_3147

Bro (B3) and bandmember of a nephew.

DSC_3070

Nephew, age 14, not the one in the band.

In the realm of being grown-ups. 25 years after we got rid of the Flintstones furniture that Izzy had in his "bachelor pad" (model home cast-offs), we've finally bought a real live coffee table. We put the pretty throw we got in Morocco onto it and the place looks even more homey.

Speaking of homey, the azaleas are coming back after the massacre 16 months ago. We've got light pink and deep magenta blooms next to the last of the camellias and the white dogwood blossoms. It's such a pretty time of year and I'm glad we got our flowers back this year, though it doesn't quite look like it did before. (scroll for after and before shots.) I drove down the street my Mom and Step-Dad live on last night, which was awash with dogwoods and azaleas and other flowers -- I just felt so happy seeing all of the color. I'm grateful for spring flowers and renewal and all of the loveliness that leads up to Easter -- and against which Good Friday will stand in stark contrast.



DSC_3054

Last pic -- I love B&W for shapes.

No comments: