Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Green Card -- Alleluia! (+ Te Deum)

Heard from G:

Dear friends and family:

I am now a lawful permanent resident of the United States. The interview this morning was smooth and uneventful (after waiting at the Embassy for a little over 4 hours). The only questions asked were, "What do you do" and "How long have you been in the US? You sound like an American!" :) My passport will be sent by courier to Bombay in a couple of days with an Immigrant Visa stamped inside. I just got back from the Embassy, after a brief stop to light some candles at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart where, unexpectedly, the Eucharist was exposed for the adoration of the faithful. If you can, join me in praying a Te Deum today!

I thank y'all for your prayers and support throughout this long journey, which made the waiting and the frustrations and ups and downs of the process less burdensome. On the 25th I'm flying back to the US. Back home.

Peace,

G

PS: To quote a certain Latin teacher some of us know: "Gaudeamus igitur! Nunc est bibendum!" "Let us rejoice therefore. Now, to drink!" :-D




My response:

Amen. Halleluia. Yippee!

Or as [Baldman] said at YACS! on Monday: "We love him [you] to death but we can't wait to get rid of him." (Or words to that effect.) I think we all figure it'll be good to have priest/bishop/cardinal on our side someday....8-)

Thanks for the link to the Te Deum page. We sang a version in All State choir when I was a younger thing, and I used the text to remind myself of the words to pray them in the musical setting. It was also neat to see ALL of the verses of Holy God we praise Thy name. I had learned somethere that it was based on the Te Deum, but had not seen verses with Doomsday, white ro-bed martyrs and "Lo, I put my trust in Three, Never, Lord, abandon me." Neat interlude in my day. Thanks again.

One hopes you used "y'all" or "sho nuff" when Embassy staffers commented that you sounded American.

In final news that you might not be aware of since you've been away, "P-Diddy" is no more. He announced yesterday that this was now "the era of 'Diddy'." Wouldn't want you to sound out-of-date upon your return.

[Lizzie],
au currant.

No comments: