Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Notes from the Drive: Country Music

(Written Saturday, May 24 at 11:41 PM in our little mountain cabin; to be posted once we get a web connection.)

There is a stretch between Bennettesville, SC and Asheboro, NC where radio stations are few and far between. I managed to pick up a couple of country stations (not my usual talk or classic rock) and found some lyrics I really liked (note: right now, I don't have the connection to look up names or correct any mistakes in my memory -- I think I'll leave the posts as they are being written.)

Song one -- chorus:

If you're goin' thru Hell, keep on goin'
Don't look back -- if you're scared, don't show it
You might get out
Before the Devil even knows you're there.
From song two's chorus:

And he bowed his head to Jesus
and he stood for Uncle Sam
He only loved one women
Always proud of what 'e had
[He] said his greatest contribution
is the ones he'd leave behind
Raised on the ways and gentle kindness
of a small town southern man.
Song two reminds me of my Dad.

The songs I write tend to be countrified -- I'm not really sure why I don't listen to those stations more often.

No comments: