Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Interview Update

Apparently, the red dress wasn't quite enough...

I'll not be starting a new job in September. Had a heart-to-heart with the "big boss" (whose job I had sought) about how/where to gain some of the experience that tipped the scales in favor of another candidate - valuable experiences that were preferred by the "really big boss." Apparently, "Big Boss" can't think of a way in the normal order of things in our division to accomplish this. (It's worth noting that she had moved into her current position directly from the one I currently hold -- so I knew I had sufficient qualifications, just not some intangibles.)

So, how to make myself a better candidate for whatever might come next? Looks like I'll be taking the GRE in late October, and filling out student loan paperwork for distance learning doctoral programs. What fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so you need more alphabet soup on the end of your name. Well here is to hoping that I finish before you, not that I wish for you to take a long time to get the next degree, but that I hope my suffering will be done soon.
Sean