Sticky Top Post

Howdy. We've moved from Cayce, but St. Elizabeth of South Rose Hill or Lizette de Waccamaw de Sud just don't do it for me.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Prayer, Part 2

Just before arriving home and seeing the prayer and $$ requests referred to below, I received a request to pray for a real person.  This I did immediately, and have done even as I've since eating dinner and blogged on those who prey on others.
 
Someday I'll fully understand how intercessory prayer works--whether God intervenes to change events, whether natural consequences are interrupted, whether God changes His mind, whether God changes our ability to deal with what is going to happen (the outcomes of which we cannot know in advance), etc.  I don't know why, but God tells us to pray for one another.
 
James 5:16:  Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful.
 
"Please take care of my friend, God," is what I'll pray fervently, even as I ask God to help me grow in righteousness.

No comments: